Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Final April Pictures!

Trevor has been patiently waiting his turn for my visit to his school for lunch with him. He volunteered to be the last one! He is a thoughtful young boy. Cai and I brought him the "Speedy Gonzalez" and chips with white sauce. Once again, the lunch lady approached me to specifically say how much she enjoys Trevor and hadn't realized he and Ryan were brothers, but that she should have known by the way they were both so polite:) Makes me proud to hear this, as they are not around me when she observes them - - what a practical way they are being lights in their world!
So, I watched Ben and Liam while Katie went and had a pedicure and some time out alone. (our b-day gift to her) When asking Katie what I should make them for lunch, she had said that she hadn't yet given them scrambled eggs. What? My kids lived on these at this age - good protein, soft, easy to make. So, we agreed I would make them eggs. Well, what you may not know is that Ben is allergic to A LOT of things. I began feeding the boys. They loved the eggs. After 3 bites Ben started gagging. I thought he was choking. Oh, No, he was puking. All over me, the floor, himself it continued. Thank God, Sally had stopped in to pick something up from me! Because poor Liam was sitting there like, "hey! I am still hungry!" Then I noticed hives ALL over Ben. My phone call to Katie went something like this, "Umm. . . I think Ben may be allergic to eggs.. ." Thank God for protecting this little boy and for whoever invented benadryl! Withing a couple hours his skin was back to normal and his Auntie's nerves were calmed.


There has been construction going on in our backyard for a couple of months. Cai found it very interesting to watch the big trucks pouring cement!


My dear, sweet friend, Lauren came to Chesapeake for the day. We were able to meet at our favorite restaurant, Baker's Crust, and have a wonderful visit. Through the years we have gone there many times to celebrate birthdays and to just have a quiet talk over a delicious crepe.



Cai and Grampa playing Sequence for Kids. This and Sorry are the games they play the most together. Cai loves spending time with grampa.


Dinner with friends! The Bouchers, Bizzells, and both Johns Families


All 8 of our crazy boys!! They had so much fun dressing up.








No comments: